Still stuck on choosing something to sell on the internet? I agree, it’s not as easy as it should be.
It certainly isn’t as easy as finding out the top 10 hottest items on eBay and going for one of them. If you’re just starting out then you’re going to be faced with a lot of competition and these aren’t even the most profitable items you can start selling.
So how do you choose a product to sell on the internet?
Once again, Alice from Salehoo, who is conducting the free Online Selling Tactics training, has some answers:
It’s important to note that the sellers that do best from a hot product are often making the bulk of their profit on the accessories, rather than the product itself. For example, the million and one iPod covers, holders, skins, and so on.
Keep that in mind next time you see a hot trend developing.
Before I get into where to look for ideas you need to know the answer to one question…
Are your ideas any good?
Before you jump in head first with your product idea, run it through a few filters first to make sure the market is worth your time and your effort.
Want to know what those filters are? Click here to sign up for the free training.
I cannot put the full email here but Alice also gives 5 places to look for product ideas and when you use these ideas you can find at least 64 product ideas (minimum).
Top sellers are always on the lookout for more product ideas. It is never a good idea to rest on just one. Otherwise you’ll be left high and dry if sales suddenly drop.
OK, now that you’ve got an idea of how to test a product, here’s five places to look for product ideas:
To find what those 5 places are and to get access to some great free training, click here to sign up.
Whether you’re a newbie seller or you’ve built up a lot of experience with online selling, I believe that Online Selling Tactics can contribute to the growth of your e-commerce business.
Salehoo itself is a wonderful directory with more than just lists of legitimate wholesalers and manufacturers so I can bet they’ve put everything they can into making sure you succeed with their new course.
I just got an email from Alice at Salehoo and she included these 7 reasons why you should consider Online Selling Tactics.
1. You’ll learn how to build up trust with your potential buyers and get more bids.
- Including 3 of the fastest ways to build up your eBay account (for newbies or selling veterans)
- Hand-picked lists of suppliers selected from the SaleHoo directory. With products perfectly suited to building up your feedback score fast.
- All delivered via video training to make learning easier and more enjoyable. Don’t forget the pop corn!
If you’ve got a lot out of the free case studies so far, then you’re going to love OST. You’ll also learn:
2. You’ll discover which marketplace is the best for you… and where you’ll make the most profits!
- The answer will change depending on what you’re trying to sell
- Which offers the best seller support?
- Which offers the best fee structure?
- The most buyer traffic?
- Find out what happened when I listed identical items on 5 different markets at once.
- Links to successful stores on each platform, so you can learn by their example.
- All the details of the suppliers I used in my testing.
3. You’ll know how to sell only 2-3 products per week and still make a fat, full-time income
- Make more money while spending less time dealing with buyers, processing payments and packaging and shipping out items
- Have more time to do the things you love.
- Why it’s just as easy to sell something for $1,000 as it is to sell at $20.
- Learn how some sellers make a six-figure income selling making a sale every other day
- List of suppliers who deal in the kind of items that’ll make you hundreds, if not thousands per sale
- See real-life examples from sellers who are doing it
- And find out how those in the know get around the tricky matter of shipping these high-ticket (and sometimes very bulky) items.
4. Find out how to increase sales by increasing your potential market.
- Learn how to not only sell more, but also sell with a bigger profit margin.
- Discover what laws you need to keep an eye on.
- A complete list of tools to speed up your business and make it FUN!
5. How to make 533% profit by being just a little bit smarter than your average seller (it doesn’t take much).
- What tools will have you scooping up all the bargains.
- Where you can buy stuff at deep discounts.
- And where you can then go and sell at below market (and still make a profit!)
6. The best way to dazzle your customers and get repeat sales from the same buyers – no more chasing sales!
- How to ‘reach out and touch’ customers, rather than waiting for them to come to you.
- Why looking beyond the big marketplaces might give you freedom from their fees and rules…but…
- Know the secrets to ‘going it alone’
- Make use of the untapped resources already at your fingertips.
- Specific templates to use to get predictable (and automatic) repeat sales.
7. You’ll also get additional training on what to sell. Even more in-depth than I’ve gone into in these emails.
- The one thing that every new seller overlooks, and how to avoid their mistakes.
- For the complete beginner: Step-by-step how to list and sell your first items
- How to create listings that SELL. Create attractive, bid-inducing listings that grab your customer by the eyeballs and have them whipping out their credit cards before you can say ‘Click Here’.
- Discover how to write more clearly to avoid any confusion in your customers mind.
- How to avoid the common mistakes made when listing, like poor photos. What makes a good photo anyway? You’ll find out in OST.
What do you think? Can Online Selling Tactics help you improve or start your online business? Let me know in the comment section.
One of the key ingredients to really making it in online selling is to find a great niche market. Sellers who are just starting out are more likely to be successful if they appeal to a very small market instead of trying to please everyone.
Finding the right market may not be the easiest task – it takes a bit of time and persistence. Just to give you a few ideas, here is a list of 5 niche products you can use to get you thinking.
Although some of these ideas may seem a little abstract to beginner sellers, these are the types of niches you actually want to consider – very precise and seemingly difficult to source.
Product Idea #1: Military Insignia
Collectibles are great products that sell well and you can dig really deep to find the best ones. This is the perfect niche for people who share an interest in them because you will find it easier and more rewarding selling something you enjoy.
To be even more precise with selling military insignia, try selling US military insignia from the Vietnam War era – these are really big on eBay.
Military Insignia is a great niche because:
- There are lots of great sub-niches like World War 2 helmets and Japanese military medals.
- It rarely dates or goes out of fashion
Product Idea #2: Plus Sized Maternity Wear
The plus size niche is great because plus sized men and women find it difficult to find items in regular retail stores that will fit them comfortably.
Plus size maternity wear is profitable because:
- People are always going to have babies, so you won’t run out of customers if you’re going to sell maternity and baby stuff.
- Clothing items aren’t fragile and easy to ship because they’re lightweight. In fact, it’s one of the biggest industries online.
[Sign up for the free training and see how Amelia makes over $80K/year selling baby stuff. Sellers are calling her tactics “brilliant”.]
Product Idea #3: Plus Sized Shoes
This is another plus sized item that is having huge success on eBay for the simple fact that big foots have a hard time finding their sizes at the shoe store.
Why it’s such a great niche:
- Even though the big brands commonly make the big sizes, the retailers only order a few pairs so our friends with big feet must go online to find what they really want.
- Plus sizes have a high success rate on eBay (women’s size 11 sell at 61.9% and men’s size 14 sell at 75%)
- Plus sizes are sought after by both men and women (you can choose to target men’s only or women’s only if you want to be specific – women’s size 11 + high heels would make a great little niche).
Product Idea #4: Antique Clocks
This is another great collectible that you could market.
It’s a top niche because:
- They have an eBay success rate of over 67%
- You can target both home decorators and collectors.
- You can get them for cheap at yard sales and flea markets then sell them online for a tidy profit
Product Idea #5: Heart Rate Monitors
Athletes, people who work out at the gym a lot and other people who need to keep an eye on their heart rate are searching for heart rate monitors.
Makes an excellent niche because:
- They have a 75% success rate on eBay (75% of all heart rate monitors listed on eBay in the last 3 months have been sold).
- One size fits all.
- Easy to ship and store because they are small and lightweight.
If you’re just starting out then niche items like these are the way to go. There are so many niches available to keep you excited and best of all, make you money.
To get more suggestions like these, plus success stories from other sellers and how they’re doing it be sure to sign up for the great free training and a chance to win a copy of the new Online Selling Tactics course from Salehoo.
If you’ve been selling online for any period of time, you may or may not have heard about Salehoo.
Salehoo is an online directory that connects you to wholesale suppliers that have been verified to be legitimate meaning they protect you from being scammed in any way while trying to source products for your business.
Well, the experts at Salehoo are releasing Online Selling Tactics, a new course that will offer a refreshing take on selling physical products online.
This isn’t an eBay course so if you’re a seller on eBay who wants to try selling on alternative marketplaces then this will be of great value to you. If you’re fed up of eBay then there will be plenty of great stuff in Online Selling Tactics that will help you to expand your options.
To ensure that you succeed with Online Selling Tactics, the creators of the course have spent over a year (13 months to be exact) researching and testing the strategies that are presented in the course.
What’s included in Online Selling Tactics?
Online Selling Tactics will consist of:
- 5.5 hours of video training over 7 modules
- Several bonus modules
I’ve also heard that they’re throwing in a 3 year subscription to Salehoo so you won’t have to worry about finding legitimate wholesale sources and you’ll also benefit from the additional training Salehoo members received through the directory.
Is Online Selling Tactics for You?
To help cater to all different levels, Online Selling Tactics has decided not to take a step by step approach. This will allow you to get creative with your business and build an advantage that helps you to get results.
So this course will work for eBay powersellers as well as a newcomer to the world of selling online.
If you’re completely new be sure to sign up for the free training that will cover all the basic stuff (including how to find a product to sell).
No one gets left behind with Online Selling Tactics. OST will be released July 11th.